Sunday, August 29, 2010

EDLD5363 - Week One Reflections - Digital Story

Week 1 Reflection


This week’s assignment was initially a bit intimidating, to create a personal digital story. As I read the week’s readings, my fears diminished somewhat as I looked through the multitude of digital photos I have taken over the past few years, pictures of family events, scenery, work related activities, and some pictures that I categorized as “just pictures.” Using PhotoStory3 also helped in reducing the fear factor of making a video. I have used PhotoStory3 several times to make videos of vacations to share with my family, and as I thought about the assignment, I knew what I was going to do, make a video of my daughter’s graduation from boot camp. I felt a bit like Rick and the Recipes for Disaster as described by Joe Lambert (p. 31), more photos than I really knew what to do with. The use of the storyboard and the built in features of PhotoStory3 helped to focus the direction I was going to take with my video. I enjoyed this project, and can see how this type of project could be incorporated into the classroom. What better way for students to demonstrate what they have learned than by putting it on film, even digital film.






Lambert, J. (2007, February). Digital storytelling cookbook, 1-30. Story Center. Retrieved April 4, 2009, from http://www.storycenter.org/cookbook.pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment